CLONEX MIST 1 liter Concentrate
Clonex® Mist is a new product developed especially to make cloning even more successful.
CLONEX® Mist is easy to use and generates quicker, more vigorous and healthy clones. For best results use with CLONEX® Rooting Gel and Root Riot® propagation cubes. All your cuttings benefit from housing them in a propagator with adjustable ventilation.
Clonex Mist is easy to use giving…
- Consistent results every time;
- Fast root generation;
- Strong healthy plants.
Clonex® Mist has been independently trialed in New Zealand by Dr. Lynette Morgan of Suntec Laboratory on Ficus and Dianthus. The development of roots was shown to occur up to 10 days quicker, with 30% longer roots and up to 156% more roots than using water alone to mist your cuttings.
Instructions for use – stem cuttings
1. Choose a healthy plant with strong growing tips. If possible the growing tips can be sprayed with Clonex® Mist once or twice in the week before cuttings are taken;
2. Use a sharp clean blade, such as a scalpel, to make a diagonal cut in the stem – just below a leaf node. Use sharp scissors to trim off some of the larger leaves, leaving two or three on the cutting;
3. If Clonex® Rooting Gel is available then dip the cutting straight into the gel;
4. Immediately insert cutting into the Root Riot® cube, which should be well wetted before use;
5. Spray the new cuttings with Clonex® Mist and place in a propagator. The lid should be down and the vents closed;
6. After 2-3 days spray the cuttings with Clonex® Mist again and open the vents slightly;
7.Check the new roots after a few days – continue mist until the plant is established following potting up. If planting in soil, place soil carefully around the roots to avoid damaging them.
Repeat this misting every 2-3 days or when cuttings look dry. Open vents wider everyday. A slight condensation inside the propagator indicates adequate humidity.